A list of dishes to be eaten is simply a list of how to plan the menu.
In this news, we will discuss what is the menu and the recommended amounts of food groups which are one of the principles that the menu should be prepared.
If we define the menu more broadly, we can say that the way to go to the table is arranged according to certain principles and that the dishes are compatible with each other. The arrangement in the menu is prepared by taking into account our daily diet. We can supply the daily nutrients and energy and the recommended amounts in grams are as follows:
Food Groups Children Teenagers Adults
- Meat, eggs, dried legumes 80-130 g 130-160 g 130-150 g
- Milk and its derivatives, yogurt, cheese 500-800 g 500-600 g 400-500 g
- Vegetables and fruits 150-350 g 400-500 g 500 g
- Cereals and derivatives, bread, rice 20-200 g 250-500 g 200 g
- Pasta, bulgur 20-80 g 80-140 g 60-80 g
- Fats and sugars, oil seeds 10-50 g 60-70 g 50-60 g
- Desserts, sugar, honey, molasses, jam 40-50 g 60-70 g 30 g
Calorie value for lunch or dinner menu example
- Tomato soup 161
- Eggplant moussaka 201
- Rice pilaf 326
- Cacik 131
- Peach compote 187
As you can see, there are also five groups of food on the menu.
Menu Preparation Considerations
In order to be able to call a menu to a menu, it must be done according to certain principles.Morning, lunch and dinner are listed daily.
- A menu should be flexible to suit each person.
- Menus should be planned in order to provide proper nutrition opportunity by taking nutritional information into consideration.
- Must comply with the ranking rules.
- The price should not be too high.
- Seasonal vegetables and fruits should be used.
- Meat food must be found in the menu. Must be satisfying with the dressings.
- Nutrition should be arranged according to the principles.
- Foods with separate raw materials should be selected.
- Meals should be suitable for the preparation.
- Cooking methods must be different.
- Attention should be paid to color matching.
- The decorations of the dishes that make up the menu should be a continuation of each other.
- Special days should not be forgotten when preparing the menu.
- In the menus, the side dishes next to the meat dishes should be written next to the food.
- If the drink will be given the genus and brands should be written.